Saturday, August 2, 2008

FOOD




Did I mention my daughter loves food? I haven't been able to keep up with her. Arseny wasn't even remotely interested in food but his sister on the other hand is a little munch mouth. She can't seem to get enough of it. She also wants everything Arseny eats and has started to fuss about it. I often get this look that says "I can't believe you gave him some and not me". Needless to say she's an avid eater and I've had fun introducing lots of new fresh veggies and fruits --it's the perfect season right now. She also loves yogurt and cottage cheese, beans and blueberries. Her favorite place to hang out is under Arseny's snack table. She often gets a hold of food she's not supposed to have. I've caught her stuffing macaroni and cheese into her mouth and just recently got ahold of a pb&j. I shot across the room to retrieve it. Of course she wasn't letting go of it and as a matter of fact had death grip on it and threw a squealing tantrum. By the time I got it away we were both covered in peanut butter and jelly. She licked her fingers all the way to the sink. With your first baby your so careful, but throw a toddler in the mix and you have a constant battle. So, no reaction to the peanut butter but it did give me a scare. Here's my little munchy monster covered in beans (my own little beanie baby), the second one is Kyra caught red handed devouring and painting the kitchen with Arseny's leftover bowl of cottage cheese and applesauce from snack time.

If she's quiet, theres a good chance she's eating or tasting something she's not supposed to including non food items. Just yesterday I looked over to see a green earring hanging out of her mouth. Of course there was only one so I immediately panicked thinking she had swallowed the other. I was mentally preparing myself for Xrays and a trip to the doctor when Arseny pointed right to where the other one was laying. I tell you what, she keeps me on my toes! Other favorite non food items are paper and carpet fuzz. We also have to keep all shoes out of reach...she loves to lick shoes and chew on flip flops...YUCK!

No comments: