Sunday, August 31, 2008

A 1st Place Ribbon!




























We entered Arseny in the "kiddie parade" this year. It was a lot of fun. The "kiddie parade" precedes the actual fair parade that happens on Main St the Saturday of the fair weekend. They had categories such as costumes, pets, floats and wheels. We entered the wheels category with his little buckboard wagon my dad made and he wore a cowboy outfit my sister gave him. It was a sight to be seen. It turns out he won a first place certificate and ribbon for his category. He was so excited to see all the people waving at him. He's generally a shy and anxious little boy around strangers and people he doesn't know so we didn't know how it would go but he was so excited about all the other kids and just lived it up while perfecting his parade wave. At the end of the line grandma was waiting with uncle Jonny and cousins. Arseny got free tickets to the fair, cookies and juice for participating. Then we got to watch the rest of the parade go by and Arseny loved it. We can't wait to do it again next year! I must say, Matt and I were pretty excited too and thought it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

layne (herman) said...

Congrats to Malenky!!

And good going to Mr. H for marching in the Parade with him. Mr. H should have been given a ribbon too :) i hope he at least scored some juice and cookies.

Paige said...

Your babies are beautiful! I was going to can more peaches, but just decided I didn't have the energy. Now I've moved on to applesauce. Honestly, I'll be glad when it's all done.
P.S. I'm going to add you to my blog list, if that's okay.