Monday, July 2, 2007

PURE TROUBLE






When Arseny was born, I thought I was going to have this cuddly little snuggle bug that would have a laid back attitude and a sweet disposition and would never think of climbing on tables, throwing himself over the couch, or riding his little bike like Evil Canevil. I somehow ended up with an independent self willed child who has absolutely no fear. He constantly is into more mischief than any other little 14 month old that I know. I honestly don't know what to do with him. So, I bought this little table and chair set a yard sale. Like an obviously inexperienced mom I thought... what a neat little thing...toddler sized and perfect for him to sit at for snacks or puzzles etc... thinking he would actually "sit" at it...boy was I wrong. First we had set it up behind the couch. Arseny quickly learned that he could stand on the chair and then stand on the table and of course then successfully throw himself over the back of the couch and fall on the floor which is his goal in life...a roller coaster ride. He of course does with glee and then gets back up and does it again. So...we moved the table but it didn't matter now he just likes to stand on top of it and yell MAMA...MAMA for me to help him jump down. So much for the bright idea of the table. We're currently working on trying to correlate the words "careful" and "owie" with some of his adventurous excursions but these two words don't seem to register. Here is some of the evidence.

1 comment:

layne (herman) said...

Arseny is more advanced than our older two --it was not until Andrew's arrival that this sort of activity was manifested... I had always attributed it to having older siblings to inspire him; perhaps I should rethink that idea.